- Presentation of “Safe Family Program” by Tina Garrett for consideration of new Mission Outreach to Community.
- Call committee elected Frank Hauser as chairman, and they are reviewing surveys turned over to them from “Thanks For Giving” potluck dinner with congregational input. They are beginning the process of completing the Ministry Site Profile.
- Searching for volunteers for Evangelism Committee & Assisting Ministers.
- Finance Committee is happy to report we have been in the black for 7 weeks as of 11/19/2018. Organ will be moved back to the choir loft on December 10th and then be tuned using the Dedicated Funds.
- Altar Guild donated unwanted & unused items to Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Robbins, IL who were in need of these items. Welcome to new Altar Guild member Carolyn Miller.
- November 14th the Caring tree was put up in Narthex. Cookie Walk Youth Fundraiser is December 9th.
- December 12th we will be decorating the church after Advent Service. All are welcome to come and help. Midweek Advent Services: 11:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday School Christmas Program is Sunday, December 16th at 9:30 a.m. We will go Christmas Caroling immediately following the worship service.
- Christmas Eve Services—4:00 and 10:30 p.m.
- As we look forward to planning for the New Year, we invite those who would like to renew their pledges at the start of 2019 to do so. Pledge cards will be available in the Narthex or the Church Office. An official Pledge Drive will not be completed again until March, but pledges can be changed and/or renewed at any time that works for you and/or your family.
Council wants to thank everyone for their continued enthusiasm & support!
675 East Algonquin Road Des Plaines, IL 60016 (847) 827-6656