Troop 6 was originally founded in 1925 (that's only 15 years after the national Boy Scouts of America inception) and thrived for many years under the sponsorship of the Izaak Walton League. For reasons unknown, the official B.S.A. charter was not renewed in 1940. In 1941 the Troop rechartered just days before the attack on Pearl Harbor, with Trinity Lutheran Church of Des Plaines as sponsoring organization.
Pastor George, Scoutmaster Victor Kelly and Dan Dorman Council President with picture of the marker placed out side of the church.
Boy Scout Troop 6 with the Scoutmaster Victor Kelly.
Seated are Church Council Members as follows: Jim Hemzacek, Council Vice President, Pastor George Schelter, Dan Dorman, Council President and Norene Rolenitus, Council Secretary with a picture of the marker.
675 E. Algonquin Rd. Des Plaines, IL